Renting a Car in Japan www.japan-guide.com

posted by  Tanuki | 7 years, 1 month ago in Auto & Transportation

It's been getting easier for foreign travelers to rent a car in Japan. Some places even have car navigation systems that support English. This post explains in detail how you can rent a car while traveling in Japan.

0 | #12770 by  BarbaraEbara | 7 years, 1 month ago
This is really good! I had always wondered why this wasn't an option already. Japan is such a hot destination for so many English speaking travelers. I am sure a lot of people will be really pleased with this.
comment
0 | #12795 by  banzaitokyo | 7 years, 1 month ago
Thanks for sharing the link! If you go outside of large cities, where public transportation is generally excellent, you might find a car useful. Every time we go visit our in-laws, we go somewhere by car - mountains, historic sights, etc. Most of the time it was my father-in-law who drove but the last time i got my international driving license translated (right, there is no Japanese translation by default) I drove his car a little bit. I was never stopped by the police, so I am not sure if translation of the driving license is the only thing you need to do. That is why this post made me think that I need to study the subject a little deeper when I go to Japan next time. And of course renting a car is interesting, I remember my father-in-law was genuinely worried about his car when he saw me drive :)
comment