Sega Is Opening A VR Floor In Its Massive Tokyo Arcade uploadvr.com

posted by  banzaitokyo | 6 years, 10 months ago in Gadgets

A Sega Twitter account last week revealed that one of the floors in its gigantic arcade in Akihabara will soon feature a VR section. In fact, the area was meant to be up and running already, but it appears an equipment failure has delayed launch a little. That won’t surprise anyone that’s had any experience exhibiting VR technology over the past few years.

0 | #13023 by  Yubi | 6 years, 10 months ago
Finally, gaming companies are using VR in this kind of places. I guess they waited for the technology to mature enough, because I h ave been seeing cool VR demos in research exhibitions for more than a decade now.
comment
0 | #13046 by  BarbaraEbara | 6 years, 10 months ago
Yeah they are trying to focus more on console gaming now. I know a lot of people I watch on Youtube who have been using them for a few years. It is still something that I haven't been interested in but I might have to look into it more now.
comment
0 | #13069 by  RamenRyan | 6 years, 10 months ago
I would estimate that it will be as normal as having a video game controller in your house with in the next 5 years. It is becoming mainstream and that is what they were hoping for. I have used many different models myself, and I must admit while it is not my style of game-play, I can see myself using them on a regular basis in the future for certain games.
comment