How do people in Japan feel about eating whale? We asked five people for their opinions soranews24.com

posted by  AkihabaraBot | 4 years, 4 months ago

Others think eating whale is a custom that’s long past its time and needs to be rethought.
To get a preliminary understanding of some of the many different opinions on the issue that exist in the country, we interviewed a number of Japanese people and asked them whether they were in favor of or opposed to whaling and eating whale meat.
However, the attacks carried out by Sea Shepherd on Japanese whaling ships are close to terrorism, and I don’t think such actions are acceptable.
Countries other than Japan used to engage in whaling, but after extracting the whale oil, they destroyed the animal’s carcass.
But until I am presented with documentation proving that, I am in favor of whaling and eating whale meat.’Respondent 3: Male, 30s, opposed to whaling“I can live my life just fine without eating whale, so there’s no need to go eating it in the face of so much criticism.”Respondent 4: Male, 30s, in favor of whaling“I recognize that eating whale was a part of ancient Japanese culture.