Linear Liner Maglev Train Toy

posted by  Yubi | 7 years, 10 months ago

Train-lovers (Densha Otaku) are a significant group that frequents the hobby shops of Akihabara. I am sure they will enjoy this model, and someone might even come up with a cheaper version! Linear Liner Maglev Train Toy - Takara-Tomy's Linear Liner toy is modeled after Central Japan Railway's LO superconducting maglev train. This toy floats 2mm above the tracks using magnetic repulsion, allowing it to run faster than previous toy trains (up to 500km/h!) and also making it the first toy train to use maglev (magnetic s ...

read the original article

0 | #11016 by  banzaitokyo | 8 years, 11 months ago

This is crazy! (in a good sense) A little bit expensive, but must be very fun to play with. Also I wonder if it really runs at 500 km/h, isn't it a little bit dangerous toy?

comment
0 | #11017 by  Yubi | 8 years, 11 months ago

They have found a cool way to address that. Since the model is about 50 times smaller than the real train, the speed also is around 1/50th of the original. So, they say, if you are looking at it from a meter or so away, you should see the same visual effect.

This is fine on paper, but I want to see it myself to see if it actually looks that fast.

comment