The 2020 Tokyo Olympics Ambassador Has Been Announced & Dragonball Z Fans Will Be Overjoyed www.mensxp.com

posted by  banzaitokyo | 7 years, 2 months ago in Anime & Manga

If you’re not familiar with the Japanese cult anime, Dragonball Z, go and brush up your cartoon knowledge on an urgent basis. You’re going to need it come 2020.

The main character of Dragonball Z, Son Goku has been chosen as the ambassador for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. According to sources, Goku beat his counterpart, Pikachu and many other Pokemon species to bag the spot.

0 | #12644 by  BarbaraEbara | 7 years, 2 months ago
I grew up watching Dragon Ball Z so I am a HUGE fan of this! I love that they are using such a kind hearted hero to be the ambassador for the Olympics. Not only will they get more kids and teens interested, but they will also be targeting a huge network of Anime fans.
comment
0 | #12665 by  erik | 7 years, 2 months ago
As a fan of anime, anime is unneeded for the Olympics; Mario and Doreamon was enough to be the unconfirmed mascots of the Olympics, but why more? It's like Anime and Manga equals Japanese culture.
comment
0 | #12697 by  RamenRyan | 7 years, 2 months ago
I am shocked that Pikachu got beat out with all the Pokemon hype in 2016. It has been over 10 years since I heard so much about that game. Either way, I am thrilled. Love Goku and what his character stands for. I would have preferred Vegeta but he isn't exactly a hero.. haha
comment