You need to win the lottery to get PlayStation VR in Japan www.cnet.com

posted by  banzaitokyo | 7 years, 2 months ago in Gadgets

Each customer waiting outside of the stores were given a numbered ticket, and those lucky few who had their number selected were eligible to buy the headset.

0 | #12691 by  Yubi | 7 years, 2 months ago
Japanese are ready to wait in long lines for anything :-). and PS VR is not a bad thing to queue up for. I have seen one in our office, and tried it for a few minutes.
comment
0 | #12693 by  banzaitokyo | 7 years, 2 months ago
Wow, nice office you have :) In our office there are no VRs (now that I think about it, there might be some in different departments of our company :) there are still none in our office). I am very excited about VR and new possibilities it may open for video games and other virtual experiences. But I am not ready to buy a headset just yet. I will let the technology mature and get standardized. I only follow it a little but there are several major brands that are trying to make their own (incompatible) versions of hardware and software so I wouldn't know what to buy. I'll let things settle down first.
comment
0 | #12694 by  RamenRyan | 7 years, 2 months ago
I would likely be waiting with them! I feel like they are so far ahead of everyone else when it comes to gaming. I am such a HUGE fan of gaming that comes from Japan. I can't wait to see this system in action!
comment