Keep your rice balls safe with Arataya's onigiri holder www.japanator.com

posted by  banzaitokyo | 7 years, 2 months ago in Gadgets

While this handy dandy onigiri holder costs ¥4,200 (around U.S. $37.31), the item's buckles are made in a way where it'll cover your rice ball from all angles-- aside from it being made of leather. In fact, its shape will match your snack's triangular form nicely. In terms of portability, you can attach it to your backpack or pants while you wander through the outside world-- kind of like a fancy keychain.

0 | #12719 by  Yubi | 7 years, 2 months ago
There are onigiri holders that are much cheaper, starting from 100 yen. These are mostly used by kids, This one seems to have been designed for those who like Designer Goods. Whenever I see things like these, I say to myself "with a population of 100 million, there will be some people who actually buy this".
comment
0 | #12720 by  banzaitokyo | 7 years, 2 months ago
Indeed! I shared the link because it is a very curious rather than useful item :)
comment
0 | #12725 by  BarbaraEbara | 7 years, 2 months ago
I know there are cheaper options but this one looks so nice! I would honestly buy 2 or 3 of them. I know that just sounds silly but I am a huge fan of accessories, specially ones that you can tag on to your backpack, handbag, or pants. I may just have to get one... or three.
comment