Legendary Japanese animator Miyazaki comes out of retirement for new film www.japantimes.co.jp

posted by  Yubi | 7 years, 1 month ago in Art & Culture

Here is some great news for all of you Studio Ghibli Anime fans.

Oscar-winning Japanese director Hayao Miyazaki has come out of retirement to work on a new animated feature film, a producer at Studio Ghibli has said.

The decision comes nearly 3½ years after Miyazaki, 76, announced his retirement amid persistent calls for him to make a comeback from his fans both in and outside Japan.

0 | #12802 by  Yubi | 7 years, 1 month ago
Well, I expected this because this kind of people just can't retire :o). Looking forward to the next movie!!
comment
0 | #12804 by  banzaitokyo | 7 years, 1 month ago
my thought exactly - geniouses just can't live without their art :)
comment
0 | #12803 by  Tanuki | 7 years, 1 month ago
Yay! He used to produce a great movie every other year, and they were still great. Must be a good one if he is coming out of retirement to make it. I have also hear about a movie that he was helping to make, one that uses computer animations. Not sure if this is the same movie, or another.
comment
0 | #12808 by  RamenRyan | 7 years, 1 month ago
I heard the same thing as well. This is fantastic news because a lot of people, including myself, have loved so many of his past works. I am sure he will not disappoint! I just can't believe I haven't heard about this sooner!
comment