This Factory Robot Learns a New Job Overnight www.technologyreview.com

posted by  Yubi | 7 years, 1 month ago in Science & Technology

Inside a modest-looking office building in Tokyo lives an unusually clever industrial robot made by the Japanese company Fanuc. Give the robot a task, like picking widgets out of one box and putting them into another container, and it will spend the night figuring out how to do it. Come morning, the machine should have mastered the job as well as if it had been programmed by an expert.

0 | #12843 by  banzaitokyo | 7 years, 1 month ago
I am at the same time excited and scared looking into the future. It is clear that robots will take majority of jobs sooner or later. Demonstrations like this one show that the progress is really under way. If you dig a little bit deeper you will learn that even more impressive studies and experiments are being done that we don't always hear about.
comment
0 | #12847 by  BarbaraEbara | 7 years, 1 month ago
This has actually scared me! I did some digging and the advances that are out there are mind blowing. Like you can't even imagine them being in the real world but they will be eventually. I just feel like all this power, and knowledge, and new technology... It may blow back up in our faces. I admire the more advanced stuff from a safe distance myself lol
comment
0 | #12870 by  Yubi | 7 years, 1 month ago
> I admire the more advanced stuff from a safe distance Spot on!
comment