Will Japan get swept up in China’s bike-sharing craze? www.techinasia.com

posted by  banzaitokyo | 6 years, 11 months ago in Auto & Transportation

“You wouldn’t be here unless you were thinking about entering Japan market, right?”

The question from the moderator was a gentle nudge for Chris Martin, head of international for Mobike. Martin, whose personal SEO has been overshadowed by a certain singer, is the British, tri-lingual (English, Chinese, Japanese) leader of Mobike’s global expansion. Though he stopped short of a definitive answer, Martin did share his thoughts on the opportunities and challenges of expanding into the Japanese market during the Infinity Ventures Summit in Kobe, Japan.

0 | #13040 by  BarbaraEbara | 6 years, 10 months ago
I went to New York and see a lot of these bike stations being available and I had no idea what they were. Now that I know, it is a very cool idea! Though, I am not sure Japan will jump on-board something that was China's idea. I can see them doing their own thing and perfecting it.
comment
0 | #13067 by  RamenRyan | 6 years, 10 months ago
When I first heard about this, I thought the same thing. Japan is a proud nation so if they do anything that another country does or even founded, they will do it but make it their own. I love that about Japan. They stay true to the core of hard work and ingenious ways of reinvention.
comment