Letter from Tokyo: Why did you come to Japan? A tale of Japanese influence on youthful dreams www.webintravel.com

posted by  banzaitokyo | 6 years, 11 months ago

On the Japan Airlines flight over from Singapore, I caught a television programme made by Tokyo TV called “Why did you come to Japan?”

Clearly launched on the back of the inbound boom to Japan, it basically catches visitors at Narita airport unawares, asks them their reason for coming to the country and if they find interesting stories, the crew will follow them on their trips.

0 | #13036 by  BarbaraEbara | 6 years, 11 months ago
I like that most people who go to Japan all have answers that date back to their childhood. I know for my friend who made the move and is now working in Japan, she had always wanted to go every since she was a child. She had the opportunity and jumped right on it. I know these days the younger fans of Japan mainly go for the Anime culture and who can blame them?
comment
0 | #13072 by  RamenRyan | 6 years, 10 months ago
Anime is definitely a big draw, specially for the western fans. I have a friend who is so obsessed with Japanese culture that he has only ever dated Japanese women. For him, it was the stories his grandfather told him about being there that made him want to go. After he went for the first time when he was 14, he never looked back.
comment