5 Major Pros of Working in Japan blog.gaijinpot.com

posted by  banzaitokyo | 6 years, 11 months ago

I’ll cheerfully admit that I do my share of writing (aka complaining) about work-related issues in Japan. The expected overtime (and karoshi, or “death from overwork”), intensely rigid bureaucracy and gender-related discrimination are all important topics to discuss and work on improving. However, constantly thinking only about the negatives of working in Japan is intensely demotivating, so I keep an ongoing list of things to be for which to be grateful.

0 | #13035 by  BarbaraEbara | 6 years, 11 months ago
Japan seems to have a lot of things going for it. No wonder so many want to work there. I know having to not worry about HUGE insurance costs would be all too welcoming to me. My friend who moved to Japan for work says that they do the one yearly check up and that is it. This way they can make sure everyone pays something each year so they can keep the costs down.
comment
0 | #13071 by  RamenRyan | 6 years, 10 months ago
They seem to be moving in a better direction than most companies when it comes to self-care and work. Their system is great and ensures everyone is healthy while sticking to a budget. I think it is a win- win all around.
comment