American in gay marriage to sue for residence status in Japan www.asahi.com

posted by  banzaitokyo | 4 years, 9 months ago in Gaijin

An American in a same-sex marriage recognized in the United States plans to file a lawsuit to obtain a residence status that will allow him to continue living in Japan with his Japanese partner.
Andrew High says his current status as a “temporary visitor” is unfair given his situation and prevents him from planning for the future with his partner.