AI security system to be tested at 2017 Tokyo Marathon mainichi.jp

posted by  banzaitokyo | 7 years, 2 months ago in Science & Technology

An artificial intelligence (AI) based security system will be used for the first time at the 2017 Tokyo Marathon on Feb. 26, the Mainichi Shimbun has learned.

Although the AI system will only be used on a trial basis, the main organizer of the marathon, the Tokyo Marathon Foundation, welcomes its introduction, saying, "This is the first time for AI-based security to be used at a marathon anywhere in the world. We want this to be the first year, and to keep building from here in the future."

0 | #12656 by  Yubi | 7 years, 2 months ago
They already use some AI systems when searching surveillance camera videos taken at states etc. I hope this one helps to make the event safer.
comment
0 | #12657 by  banzaitokyo | 7 years, 2 months ago
Japan is one of the safest countries in the world and I hope they will keep it that way!
comment
0 | #12673 by  shivam | 7 years, 2 months ago
i have also heard that they have used it earlier but hope so it would be better this time.
comment
0 | #12688 by  RamenRyan | 7 years, 2 months ago
AI security is being a thing of the future for all major events. It just makes sense to have it with all the violence and attacks happening in the world. So many people get away with stuff because people aren't enough to keep an eye on everything anymore.
comment